Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Popsicle Stick Cages, building a menagerie


These are very easy to build and are made solely of popsicle sticks, just make sure to do a rough measurement to figure out if the animal you want to go in the cage actually fits. I also reccomend (as always) to build two or three at a time, that way you'll have lots of cages to transport your animals in.
All the info you should need to build your own is in the bottom photo, just overlap your popsicle sticks to get the effect, I think it looks really cool and reminds me of the cages at the beginning of Jurassic Park. Once you've built them and the glue has dried just basecoat in a dark grey and dry brush a lighter grey over top.
The door is an easy build and just drill two holes in it and the cage and attach with wire "twists".
There are all kinds of different animals in the Any How Town books and you've seen a couple of examples here on the blog, so far I've shown you Cliff Hoppers and Gobblers this animal is called a Sugaring Bear (at least for now) I'm not going to give too much away here but I'm pretty sure you'll meet one of these in Book Three of the series.
Speaking of Book Three I may just take a one day break away from finishing Book One and get some of the handwritten text into the computer, I was riding on the subway last night with Book Three in my bag and realized that if I lost it, all the info was gone, the first fifty pages would be lost,I managed to give myself a good scare.
Wasn't yesterday a marvellous day? Anyways hope you're enjoying the posts and your anticipation to read Book One is growing. I read on twitter a literary agent was complaining that someone sent her a manuscript and then self published it right after, which is incredibly rude, I would never do that. But I am thinking about just running the series as ebooks it would be a great way to get them out there as soon as they were finished. But I think I can wait another two weeks before deciding, there's lots of polishing to do in Book One first and I know I'll finish Book Two in record time.
Hope all is well, send some comments this way,
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment