Sunday, March 18, 2012

Children's Lit Sensation Moonlights As Miniature Carpenter



Things are going really well in this (almost) final draft on Book One in the Any How Town series and I'm pretty sure I'll have a solid reading copy by the end of this week, which is an incredible feeling,
I can't wait to get into Book Two and continue Oliver and Eaglet's adventure. Almost certain I'll be able to send out my query letters soon.
Last night I stayed in and avoided St.Patrick's Day, instead I wrote about twelve pages of notes for the early stories of Any How Town that take play about thirty five years before this current series when Any How Town was a very, very different place, there's a new lead character and a whole cast of people you'll be more familiar with when this first series is finished.
I've been thinking alot about trains lately and how they play into the Any How Town story so I built a mini train depot, but it looks kind of naked without a sign, so I'll add one to this model, it's interesting how signs help things look more real.
If it's your first time visiting, welcome to the world of Any How Town, you can start your journey if you go all the way back to the 2009 entries and see how the focus of the books has changed since then, that's where you'll meet the rough drafts of the characters and what they look like. 
The first book series is four books long, then the second has been plotted as a three book series and then we jump into the past. I am having so much fun with these guys now it's making the process really speed up as it was very slow going at the end of January/ start of February.
wish me luck, we're at 46 500 words and hope to level off at about 52 000.
cheers,
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment