Thursday, March 22, 2012

Helicopters, Tetralogies and Warm Weather


Here are two whirlybirds that I built, I'm not entirely sure if helicopters exist in the world of AHT, they have a hard enough time keeping planes in the air so this technology may have to wait awhile.
I'm struggling through the last few chapters right now, there are alot of different people in play, kung fu monks, giant dogs, voracious lizards and armed gangs of thugs are all running around the side of a mountain and it is so important to keep it all clear for the reader so it's taking a little longer than I thought it would to get this draft finished.
On the upside I was outside doing some rewrites in Book Two and Three yesterday afternoon and it felt great to sit outside at my writing table where I spent the summer writing the first drafts of the three books of Any How Town, I made a decision that felt right. I'm just going to keep working on Book Two as soon as I finish this draft of Book One. I don't have to produce any new paintings for awhile, my next show at the Cameron House isn't until November and I have a ton of sketches ready for that so I'm just going to write as much as I can for the next three months, it's the right thing to do.
 I'm so excited to get into Book Two, the book is full of mystery and action and you get to meet an even more expanded and eccentric cast of characters, I was laughing so hard at some parts I had tears in my eyes.
Book Three is shaping up really nicely and the notes for the final part of this adventure in Any How Town are being compiled, it's one heck of a ride.
So head to the Press Club or The Wilson 96 (See the other blog, "The mad craft shoppe") to check out my artwork, maybe you'll see something you like, all purchases are going to keeping this project alive.
cheers, enjoy the weather
A.Shay Hahn
madcraftshoppe@live.com

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter to be alerted when new tutorials, dioramas, drawings and other Any How Town news is posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment