Monday, March 12, 2012

Popsicle Stick Buildings "Fishing Shack" First Steps



I'm doing some writing in Book Two right now, trying to get back in the swing of working eight hours a day on the series. I took last week off to do some commissioned work (see "the mad craft shoppe" blog) and found that it was harder to get back into the rewrites in Book One than I first thought it would be. I decided I'd warm up each morning by writing here first and then going into the Any How Town book series after.
So above is a very simple building, easy constructed but dull. I'd asked over on facebook at my page, "Andrew Shay Hahn "the mad craft shoppe" for some ideas for new builds, my good friend M.Thompson suggested a "a love shack" and that got me thinking that since I bought those fish on the weekend and the water figures so prominently in the AHT stories that I'd built a fishing shack.
Like I said the first pic is pretty dull looking but if you add these coffee stirrers to it when it's ready for paint the piece will have more depth. Now this guy is ready for a basecoat and then some highlighting stay tuned to watch it evolve.
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment