Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Building Popsicle Stick Vehicles STEP TWO - FIVE ? SIX ?

STEP TWO
 So here is the "Dry fit" I was talking about in the last post, I added another piece at the back for the cab of the truck that I'm building. I'm pretty happy with the spacing of the wheels. Sometimes you have to trim down your dowels, but when the wheels are this big, forget about it and keep going
                                                                              STEP THREE
From your box of bits try and find some small circular pieces for hubcaps, this will keep the wheels from falling off. Then drill with 1/4" bit a hole in the center and then apply glue. Let it dry and have a look for some pieces to use for an engine.
                                                                             STEP FOUR
Here's the front of the truck and some cubes and other pieces that I've assembled to make the engine. I always make the engine visible that's my thing, feel free to do whatever you like.
                                     I added another piece at the front here so a driver can sit up high.

                                                                            STEP FIVE - SIX
From the old box of bits I found some pieces that I liked to use a front and back bumpers, and then these cool front hockey stick looking things to hide the two pieces of wood and make it look more unified. Hopefully you've checked out the other tutorials / where to buy supply posts so you're not caught without anything to decorate the truck with. I like to add many small bits, sometimes looking at pictures of World War Two vechicles is a great help. The first shot is a rear view of the engine and bumper stuff.
 The final photo shows the addition of those side rails on the rear of the truck, I think this baby is ready for basecoat!


Tomorrow before the painting I'll post some pics of other Any How Town vehicles I've made to give you some other ideas. Happy Building
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment