Thursday, March 15, 2012

Building Popsicle Stick Airplanes, examples






Here are some examples of Popsicle stick airplanes that I've built, I'm not sure if the airplane in the first picture is finished or not, it looks a little too simple at the front end. The second photo has more of an antique feel to it, the third looks fast and kind of dangerous to fly, the fourth is definitely my favourite of them all with the two propellors and the fifth is very modern looking for Any How Town but does show how planes are usually used in the world of AHT. Planes are more or less single engine, single passenger flying bombs, this is important for later on in the book series. So there you go a few examples to check out to help you when you're building your own planes.
A few posts ago I mentioned the wooden bits that come with prestretched canvasses, I use them all kinds of different ways for the builds, you can scroll through the blog and spot them on every kind of vehicle, I've snapped of the ends and used them to build stairs and also as large cinder block looking bricks and the best thing is that you get a whole bunch of them when you purchase a set of five prestretched canvases like the sell at your local DeSerre's art store.
If you go over to my other blog "the mad craft shoppe" you can check out my paintings and even purchase one to help fund the continued writing of this series of books.
In the writing process I'm currently on the third/fourth pass through Book One and hope to be finished and working on query letters by the end of March. Book Two is in really good shape now and I'll be moving onto it shortly.
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment