Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Popsicle Stick Buildings "Fishing Shack" Next Steps





Here we are at the next steps of building our Fishing Shack, I basecoated with a black/blue mix to give a steel base colour and then started adding a touch of white each time I went in to drybrush. When I got to a point that I thought the shack looked like the paint was flaking off after years of inclement weather I went in and just added some touches of rust (burnt sienna & burnt umber mix) always wait until the piece is dry before adding reds or it will blen and go pink on you which is frutrating and you may have to do some parts over again from the basecoat stage.
Next I built these four cube pillars and covered the base with odds and bits from the bottom of my "Box of Bits", once the glue was dry and I was sure it was secure I basecoated with a black/brown mix, let that dry and then went over the cubes with some of the leftover colour from the fishing shack to make concrete blocks. Then I took some raw sienna and just highlighted a bunch of the bits to make them pop.
The Fishing Shack is coming along, but it still needs some touch ups.

A.Shay Hahn
send us an email, I'd love to know how you got to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment