Friday, June 28, 2013

Twitter Explosion #MSWL

Yesterday was an incredible day on Twitter, a hashtag appeared "#MSWL", it stood for "Manuscript Wish List" literary agents were posting the kind of books that they would like to see, I've never seen twitter explode  like this before. I was glued to the screen for over two hours reading comments, researching agents and agencies, finding out about other MG and YA authors and books that I would like to read.
 
I also felt good about my books after reading what some agents who had turned me down for representation were looking for, and why my books do not really fit with them (as they say) my work is more Indiana Jones and they wanted something more complex, and also science or romance based, more YA than MG.
 
Not only did I find two or three new agents to follow and submit to but there were also some really good ideas that appealed to me as a writer in case I want to write a new book separate from the Any How Town series, steam punk themed work, ghost stories etc. genres that I love and will explore.
 
This is a photo of my dog and you can see that he's a little anxious, he was very patient while I worked furiously writing notes and sending out queries, and he was rewarded with a long walk down many shaded paths and long runs back and forth across a soccer field.
 
I also managed to get though my first paper copy edit of Book Two of the AHT series which is great, there's lots of corrections and notes and I'm now prepared to go into the second draft feeling very confident about the work.
 
I'd like to thank all of the agents who participated in #MSWL yesterday, it was very helpful.
cheers,
A.Shay Hahn
 


No comments:

Post a Comment