Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Thinking Back on Adventures Books

My brother used to devour these books by Enid Blyton, they were a constant in our home, I came to reading a little later in life around twelve or thirteen when I went mad for Mack Bolan books and Stephen King novels. I love the size of these books, the simplicity of them, they were a great size for a back pack or even a pocket, there would be a small pile of them stacked on top of our German Shepherd as my father drove us to the cottage in a sweltering car without air conditioning.
I remember going to England on our first huge trip across the pond to visit family and there were titles in this series that hadn't been published yet in Canada, my brother was in heaven.
When I think of my series, I think of these books, of course as you can tell from the photo my stories are different, given all the man eating turkeys chasing people around, but it's my dream of Any How Town, I don't know if  publishing these days supports books of this size or a series that continues as long as the author, not the audience, desires.
I also love the titles here, Enid Blyton guarantees adventure, whether its on an island, in a castle or up a mountain.
The beta testing has been begun, not sure how long until I hear back from one of the kids, I have to come up with ten simple questions they can answer, or maybe it's best for the parents to just tell me what the reviewer thinks.
A.Shay Hahn
 


No comments:

Post a Comment