Friday, May 31, 2013

Star Wars, Skirts and Head Games


I'm always on the lookout for good generic figures that can be used in the dioramas that I'm planning for crowds or to swap heads with other figures and make variations. Every once in a while the Silver Snail loads up their CLEARANCE bin with some great deals. Yesterday I stopped in and picked up three of these clone trooper guys for $1.99 each, a great price.
The arms and head move well, the knees bend well but like almost every Star Wars figure out there the guy is wearing a tunic, why does this tired old trope persist? It's ridiculous, I will have to cut the skirt off when I do the staging - drives me insane.
Started building the "seedy bar" diorama yesterday, looking pretty good so far, laid in a floor of almost 150 popsicle sticks.
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment