Thursday, May 16, 2013

Battle In the Skull Pit! Day Two


Two things going on here, the top photo is from a session of noodling around with a lamp that I did today, I want to do some "practice" stagings for the dioramas and get a sense of what light/ bulbs/contrast works for getting the kind of "film noir" feel that I want for some of the photos. There were a few successes and quite a few missteps along the way, but it's all part of the process.
The second pic is the attached 2nd floor of the Skull Pit prior to painting, it fit nicely onto the first floor and I've since added some window ledges to the piece, can't wait for it to dry so I can slap on a base coat and the get to detailing the whole thing.
Man was that ever a lot of popsicle sticks to bust up for the bricks, still undecided on the treatment for the floor of the 2nd floor, not sure if wooden slats would would, it may end  up looking too uniform, I'll give it a little time before I decide.
In book news I'm just about prepped to sit down and read my draft of Book Two, I always have more transcribing to do on the book but I'd much rather read it first and get some new notes down.
As always I am funding these projects with sales from my show at the Press Club (850 Dundas West, Toronto) you can see the work at my other blog (go to the mad craft shoppe in the links) all the paintings are on SALE for the month of May and it would be a great help if you supported my work by heading out and picking something up, it won't break your bank and you're guaranteed to see something you like.
oh the weather outside is delightful,
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment