Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Next Three Months of Summer Action Madness


First off, sorry for such a brief post and tweet this morning but I wanted to get out for a walk with the dog and get my head ready for what is coming. We finished watching the Third Season of Boardwalk Empire this eve, it just is hands down my favourite show, perhaps of all time. It was very inspiring and got me up and thinking about more builds and staging for the next wave of dioramas.
Since deciding to start linking the dioramas together I finally faced the fact that it's time to built some really great street scenes, for the past while I've only been doing interiors so I have to get some transitions built and the above photo (sorry, I didn't get the source) will be next, each side will be distinct and also be able to fit together and duplicate the above photo.
I also want to do more work on exterior levels and I love this diorama (second photo, I have to get the source and credit the builder) I have built as much of a waterfront as I want to right now but I want to do something with levels that shows two levels of a street scene, something happening above and below.
The days to come will be broken up as follows, I'll be finishing Book Two in the Any How Town series in the next month, the draft is in great shape and will gain some much needed colour and edits in the weeks to come. I am thrilled to be able to sit out in the yard (weather permitting) and write, I want to go right into fleshing out Book Three which is plotted and I've written the first forty pages or so. What I love about writing this series is that each book gets crazier and crazier, everything changes, new strange characters appear, the environments are more dangerous and the kids find themselves with new allies, new abilities and new clues - it's incredibly exciting, I can't wait for you to be able to read them.
The diorama project will continue in fits and spurts, I'll do a chunk of building and painting and continue to plan the "film stills" that I want to shoot and turn into prints.
I'll probably talk more about the dioramas on the blog for the next while, I can't give anything away when it comes to the books, I want to keep all of it under wraps, but there will be some drawings to tease you along the way until I get representation and sell the books.
You are going to love them.
Once again you have two more weeks to see my show at the Press Club, it's the Ninth Anniversary (of me quitting working for anyone else but myself and clients) and all the work is priced to sell to continue funding the above projects, so head to 850 Dundas West and pick up a piece and be a part of something huge.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me at the address below, or leave a comment or follow along on twitter.
A.Shay Hahn
 


No comments:

Post a Comment