Sunday, February 24, 2013

Popsicle Stick Prison

Instead of finishing one or two pieces like I should I just keep tearing up old diorama pieces and "frankensteining" them into large ones. This piece is going to be the interior courtyard of a prison or some kind of factory. Expect much rock and iron.
It's also a little boring showing the work in this state, it looks like crap if you're new here and expecting to see something incredible right off the get go, just bear with me, this things will be very impressive once I get through the one hundred small steps that it will take to really sell these images.
I'd also like to send a thanks to Atomic Age comics on Pape for always having the figures I need for these builds and also for having them at a price that is within my budget. If you don't know figures are very expensive these days and since I'm going to be repainting and roughing them up I don't want to pay what I consider "collector" prices for them. That's why I love ebay and Atomic and Winners, if it wasn't for the sale on G.I.Joe Retaliation figures I would have never taken the project this far. I probably would've started just throwing out the things I'd built before instead of making these larger more detailed pieces.
have a lovely Oscar night,
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment