Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Five Wheeled Hot Rods and the Peril of Sharing


I've so far transcribed 146pages of the 210 pages of the second book, about 32,000 words and it's driving me batty. During this painful task I am not editing, I'm making some notes, but mostly I am just typing away while in the back ground David Caruso mumbles away on CSI Miami, I don't even have time to finish these cool builds which were made from the Empire State Building wooden kits (see posts below). I'm going to turn them into wheeled Hot Rod racers and there is a secret  thing that they'll be able to do that will blow your mind.
Unfortunately you'll have to wait awhile before finding out the secret.
Which leads me to another thing that's making me nuts.
Book Two of the series is even more fun than Book One, I want each book to up the ante, things get harder for our heroes, there are new challenges, puzzles, environments and enemies. One of the plans that I used when plotting the Four Books was that the AHT series is like a video game, each success opens up new challenges, new skills are developed by our heroes, it's a great template if you can think about how a video game is designed and it really keeps me on track for advancing the story. Someday when I give an interview about this process I'll talk about it with more depth but right now I have to be purposefully vague.
There are things that are unique in these books, some of them I have published here, but most of those things are buried way back in this blog, you'd have to read the early posts to know what I'm talking about and by my Google Stats I can tell you that no one is doing that.
So I soldier on typing and griping until the task is done.
A.Shay Hahn
 


No comments:

Post a Comment