Monday, February 4, 2013

A.Shay Hahn into Book Two



 Here are some photos of the Modern Times diorama, if you'd asked me two years ago if I'd ever build something as large as this I would've laughed out loud, but once I got this idea in my head I just couldn't shake it.
It's really coming along but the trick is going to be lighting, I saw some diorama photos online while I was doing research and I could not believe the quality of light some folks out there were getting for their images. check out "scruffyronin" on deviant art if you want to see lighting and "bilking" if you want to see crazy detail, I've got a lot to learn - actually that's not true, what I have to do is really push it and make sure that all the details are there. I'll post a couple of tutorials that are simple and easy that help add a lot of depth and detail to your builds so you can see what I mean.
I will be working on the second draft of the second book of the Any How Town Book Series this week, I would like to get into the third draft by the end of the month and have my representation with an agency secured, I like my query letter but what is difficult to communicate is the size of the world of Any How Town, the different races and cultures, the sports, the slang, the other languages and the history, the fact that I have created about seventy characters for the books, it's all there.
I don't write a lot about those things here are the blog, they're my ideas and I don't want to give them away on the Internet, if you follow this blog you'll notice I keep everything about the world and the books really vague, I've been doing this on purpose - it's my world and my property, when the first book comes out you'll be able to see just how much there is, but for now it has to be a secret. It would be better revealed in a conversation with an agent.
Alright these pages are staring at me, time to get to work.
A.Shay Hahn
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment