Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Andrew Shay Hahn, this ain't no ordinary town.

So I've transcribed over 20,000 words of the second book, only about one hundred more pages to go to get this draft ready for another few rounds of rewrites and let me tell you folks my eyes are fried. I'm not even sure why I'm typing right now, tried to get to Level 42 with my Borderlands 2 character but couldn't concentrate so I figured I'd post a quick update on my progress and then watch Tin Tin.
Tin Tin has the spirit of the Any How Town series, he's a good touch stone character and the stories have a kinship but I think mine are more exciting, no offence Monsieur Herge.
The only thing that really bothered me about the film Tin Tin is the use of alcohol in the film, I don't approve and I think that it probably made the movie confusing for kids, if you've seen it you may have noticed.
The other thing I was thinking about today as I plipped and plapped away on the keyboard was the word, "town". I think the word has a very pastoral association and believe me AHT is anything but pastoral. There are pirates, soldiers, rock n roll bands, bandits, comic book artists, murderers, chemists, and all stripes of folks in my town. The truth is AHT is too big to be a town anymore, but that is the name and the name AHT actually figures prominently in the first story arc, in fact, it's actually a clue to solve the riddle that our young heroes are trying to solve.
That's all for now I have to rest my eyes if I'm going to get another fifty pages into the laptop by Friday evening.
cheers,
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment