Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Popsicle Stick Hardwood Floor


Had to make some changes to the project and tore out the wall (photo right) and rebuilt it with a stair case wall from another build that I'd done. I didn't want to do one from scratch and I also wanted a two tiered staircase from some height variations in the piece.
Then I laid in about one hundred popsicle sticks for the floor and the rest will be going to "bricking" in the top corner of the piece. I decided to base coat before doing the "bricking" I have lots of base mix left over and I needed a change so the bottom photo is the basecoat so far. Of course I'll be painting this THREE times 1) Base 2) Paint 3) Age that's right I have to age the whole thing down so I've been looking at tonnes of photos of abandoned houses to get the tones right.
Thank the Lord people on the Internet love posting pictures of abandoned homes.
Think of this as an abandoned doll house.
Someone out there send me a message,
A.Shay Hahn
 


No comments:

Post a Comment