Thursday, February 21, 2013

Abandoned Dollhouses

I've had these fancy dolls for about six years and I always wanted to build a small (1:18 scale) four post bed but never really committed to it. Now since I have decided to take these models to a level worthy of being shown publicly (which I call "The Abandoned Dollhouse Project") I figured it was time to commit and do a good job of it.
The bed itself is made of mini dowels, popsicle sticks and a piece of luon for the base. The mattress and pillows are an old dish sponge cut up and covered with the fabric from an old shirt. Once the glue had dried I dipped the whole thins in dirty brush water and let it dry and then I lightly dry brushed the extra white on the pillow and mattress to get the tones to pop.
I think this turned out pretty fine.
I'm currently building two abandoned doll houses one is beach house and the other is the foyer of a mansion (see posts below).
Why two at once?
Because there are so many small details to build, change, add, base coat etc. that otherwise I'd be sitting around going loopy.
I'll be working on these until Monday and then switch back to working on Book Two of the AHT series and looking for a literary agent as the most recent contact has not gotten back to me.
have a great day,
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment