Saturday, February 25, 2012

Popsicle Stick Tutorials and Accesories, Lighting

I haven't pulled these out of my tool box in ages, in fact it's been so long that I'd forgotten I had two sets of these. I bought these Floral light strings way back around 2002 and was playing around with them lighting old maquettes that were in storage at the Blyth Festival.
I think my friend J.Wilson picked them up at a Michael's craft store, it may have been Lee Valley, but I'm pretty sure it was Michael's, I checked their website they have larger LED lights now that I think you put in the bottom of a vase to light flowers. It seems like such a crazy idea, the picture on this package, actually even the packaging looks like it's from the 60's, nice work Sterling Cooper. Anyways I'm going to stage and light a couple of sets over the next couple of days and then shoot them. Everything I've done looks so static and is shot from pretty much the same angle so you can see how it's built. Not anymore (not anymore for the next two at least) we're going to add light to them and when a light source is add, like any art, that is when it transcends and becomes truly interesting.
Working my way back through Book One of Any How Town and tidying up story bits that I dropped, trying to get a really good 2nd draft finished for the 29th.
send us your questions,
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment