Friday, February 10, 2012

Building A Popsicle Stick Army Barracks


I'm at around 32 000 words in Book One of the Any How Town series which means I'm about half way to my goal. Like I said previously I'm hoping to hit 50 000 words in the second draft by the 18th of February. I have a whole bunch of dioarma pieces I haven't yet painted so I'll add those here to keep you coming back to read about how the work is coming.
Notable stuff in this build is that the bench has a functional sliding hiding spot, the bench is a Domino set box that can be purchased at any Dollarama, the Domino's themselves are being used in a different build. The Bunk beds are made of popsicle sticks and the back walls are made of stacked toothpicks, held together by popsicle sticks just to give a different texture. I would've done the floor in popsicle sticks but it was faster just to rule it out since people will be standing on it hiding the lines.
Shown here we have our hero, Oliver Stinson (as always played by Anakin) and his new friend Canto (played by Short Round) trying to convince the army that they have recently uncovered an insidious plot by agents of the Gardan State to somehow harm every citizen in Any How Town. This happens somewhere around Book Five or Six and it's when Any How Town starts to feel more like Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy as performed by short people in really big raincoats.
Back to Book One, things are really rolling.
A.Shay Hahn

1 comment:

  1. magnificent submit, very informative. I'm wondering why the other experts of this sector don't realize this. You should proceed your writing. I'm confident, you've a huge readers' base already!
    Bogs Women's Classic High Tuscany Rain Boot

    ReplyDelete