Friday, February 17, 2012

Building Popsicle Stick WRECKAGE!






Awhile back I posted a picture of the Red Hulk figure and some great wreckage of a garage that was being demolished in a back alley on Queen West, I'd promised that I'd build some wreckage for the Any How Town sets. I finished these ages ago and here they are, as you can see it's mostly made of those great wooden cubes that I keep encouraging you to buy for your builds. I'm currently out of them right now and so is the dollar store where I usually buy them so some of the builds I've been doing have been put on hold. The bricks on the walls are popsicle sticks and the boards on the ground are just extra bits and pieces that I had lying around. The larger bricks (see last photo) are the supports that come in the package when you buy pre stretched canvases, they are great for all kinds of things when you are doing these builds.

Currently in Any How Town I'm assembling the last three chapters of the book and tying up all the loose ends. I can't wait for this draft to be finished, I estimate it will come in at over 50 000 words, it's a tight and economical story that really serves not only as an introduction to the world of Any How Town but is also a huge set up to go into Book Two of the series. I've been enjoying this time immensely and when it's finished and published I hope you'll like it too, I am still debating whether to epublish the book myself or go the old route of securing an agent and trying to have it professionally published. The first stop on this trip will be paying an editor to go over the manuscript and clean up all the crappy punctuation I've written.
 I'm sure I'll know the answer to the publishing question after I finish the Second Book. Luckily I already have 200 pages of it handwritten so it will hopefully take less time to get into proper shape.

A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment