Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Rainy Day Purchases for Models


Here are some new Dollar Store Diorama sets that I'd thought I would try, I've been buying the same ones for awhile and wasn't making anything that interesting so I picked up this racecar ($1.50) and these two other sets of baby furniture, that has some groovy curved lines on the pieces and this house. Also as you can see I picked up more black and burnt umber for base coating.
My basecoat formula is this - lots of brown and just enough black to bring down the tone. You still don't want it to be super flat black, I find that it's harder to get a good sense of depth. You can also just add a wee bit of water to the mixture when you are ready to basecoat your car, building whatever it helps to fill in the cracks.
Alright I'm heading back out into the rain to pick up some woodglue, stay tuned this week to see what I come up with.
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment