Thursday, September 6, 2012

Popsicle Stick Vehicles



Here's some first shots of these heavy wheeled bike/truck combos that I'm calling "Karzas" as an homage to the first and true bad ass of the Microverse, Baron Karza. These are Gardan "War Wheels" I'm starting to think that they are used to hunt people over heavy terrain that's why on the left side of this vehicle I've added another seat where the "hunter" would sit to shoot a net gun. I have four of these on the go and was going to start basecoating until I had a late night brainwave that will make these boys look even more awesome and imposing than they already do. This is the first one I built and it looks a little too much like a motorcycle for my liking, I want these things to be unique in the world of Any How Town and the subsequent builds are starting the reflect that plan. 
TIPS FOR BUILDING VEHICLES - as you can see in the second photo I've got a couple on the go, it's important to let things dry the way you intend them, stand them up, flip them over and lean them against things to get the desired adhesion.
Also, something that is important is to do second and sometimes third passes with glue, just to make sure everything is attached securely and won't snap off, just think of yourself as a welder and get in there and secure those parts together.
One more tip that I neglected to add to yesterday's post - on your first basecoat DO NOT add too much water. Thinned down acrylic paint doesn't adhere to glue very well, so go a little more heavy with the paint vs. water mix on the first basecoat. The water is just in the paint to help it get in all the cracks and tiny space.
alright go get some popsicle sticks and get to it!
A.Shay Hahn

1 comment:

  1. plzzzzzzz can u telll me step by step how to make this vehicle

    ReplyDelete