Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Building A Popsicle Stick Doghouse!




PHOTO ONE Here's a quick one for you legions of fans out there on the Interspace, I took two of the pieces from the house kit that I bought a week ago or so (yes, scroll down and make it snappy) and used them as the ends for my doghouse. I also traced my entrance and cut it out with a pair of scissors, the wood these kits are made of is soft and easily cut. Then I used two trimmed popsicle sticks to connect them and added to extra pieces for support. I put it aside and let it dry
PHOTO TWO After the piece was dry it was a simple matter to clad the doghouse in popsicle sticks.
PHOTO THREE I basecoated the piece with my usual brown/black mix, it was a little dark, should've added some white to it so I could get to the end product faster but hey it just goes to show you, you're always learning when you do these builds.
PHOTO FOUR I did THREE passes with both red and white to get the finished colour that I wanted and I'll add that in my second coat of white I did dirty it up with some raw umber, after all it's a doghouse and is probably kept outside.
So there you go a quick one for a rainy day, currently I have TWO really big pieces being built and I'll get those posts up later today.
While I have your attention head on over to "The mad craft shoppe" blog (see links) and check out some paintings, yes I do accept paypal and there are some good auctions that I'm looking at on ebay, so I need your help.
keep on stickin'em together,
A.Shay Hahn
send us an email! send some pics of your builds!

No comments:

Post a Comment