Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Victory Dance is still premature, but a jig will do for now

If I work diligently today and don't check twitter every few minutes I may be able to get to the end of the first draft of Book Two of Any How Town, I'm at about 200 long hand pages and the story is rapidly approaching it's conclusion. I've got about 126 pages of book one finished and about 15 of Book Three, yes there are notes cards scattered about everywhere but this method of writing 3/4 of the first story arc simultaneously was the only way I could really chart everything properly.
 I was sitting outside this morning thinking how glad I am that I did take the time (two years) before actually writing the books, it has changed so much, it began as a graphic novel about shell shocked teens (see:Brinker Ellis, Giveny Brigg, Wash, Denny etc.) and became a story about discovery. Having Oliver and Eaglet as the central characters really opened everything up from me. That's not to say that in time there won't be a story told from say, Brinker's (the original main character of the series) point of view, AHT is a place full of stories but to introduce the town, it's citizens and the surrounding lands it was great to do it from a kid's perspective.
 So wish me luck, let's get this thing on paper
 A.Shay Hahn
madcraftshoppe@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment