Thursday, July 14, 2011

This is more than just a funny picture of a plastic dragon arriving at a party.

Check this guy out! Obviously it's time to stop typing and start handwriting.
 Here are just a few notes about me and what I do.
 My name is A.Shay Hahn I'm an artist in Toronto, I'm mostly known as a painter (see my other blog, "the mad craft shoppe") I currently have work hanging at the Press Club (850 Dundas West) all the while that I've been painting I've been building an entire city out of wooden bits and popsicle sticks and populating it with a series of characters that I've been developing over the past two years, yes I have lots of experience with writing, I've written several plays that were produced in Ontario and Vancouver and am also a published poet, got a gift for the gab, but have been focusing on painting for the past five years or so.
 I decided that this summer was the time to start writing the series, "Any How Town" which you can read all about here (yes, down there.) I'm currently writing the first two books of the series and have plotted the first four, and then the second arc in the series is being developed also.
 If I were to describe the books I'd say that they are adventure stories for everyone, if you like Indiana Jones, Enid Blyton, The Borribles, Winston Churchill, The Star Wars Trilogy etc. you will enjoy Any How Town. Currently  doing research about epublishing, but I'd also like to add illustrations to the books, my own paintings and sketches (creative control, I'm all about it) so more research on these platforms will have to be done.
 Please check out my artwork, I'm trying to raise enough money through sales to pay my rent over the summer and keep working.
best, thanks for reading
A.Shay Hahn
madcraftshoppe@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment