Sunday, July 7, 2013

Painkillers And Pencils Day Three


The first figure is a character who is mentioned in the first book but doesn't appear until the fifth book, I've designed two looks for her, the above is the more flashy "Hollywood" version and the other is more of a pilgrim or preacher look, I like them both equally and hope that she'll use both looks in the Book 5.
Really disappointed in screwing up the expression on the Gomez, he's one of my favourite characters that I've designed for the series, his back story and circumstances are great fun and his speech patterns are fun to write, his design  is of course based on ultimate bad ass Danny Trejo I'll have to draw his head again sometime.
Still not 100% happy with these drawings, I tend to work too fast on certain aspects of the drawings and I have to slow down and really flesh out the tough spots in pencil before inking or colouring anything.
Gotta go there's a good MG chat starting on twitter
Monday can't come soon enough,
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment