Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Slow Start A Strong Backbone


 
Yesterday was absolute crap in the writing game and before heading to sleep I received another rejection from an agent that I submitted to, nothing like trying to catch 40 winks with a head full of doubts. I even considered just taking today to start outlining a new book, a stand alone, separate from the Any How Town series. A ghost story or a heist story, but my initial ideas were too dark and violent, so I cleaned the bathroom instead and will soon clean the treads of the stairs, the negative energy has to go somewhere, may as well put it to good use.
I suppose I'm just talking to myself right now, trying to get my spirits back up so I can work on these books with the attention and care that the characters deserve. I've been an independent artist for a long time, as a painter I'm used to working long hours before achieving something. I always know that my imagination will save me no matter what I come up against, I've got a thick skin but yesterday I felt pretty damn sensitive. I am so very grateful for my wife and my dog and the home that we have together, a home that is getting cleaner and cleaner by the day.
The above drawings are of Katherine Orrow, who I posted about yesterday, she's riding a giant turtle named Chesterfield, this was my first attempt at drawing a turtle, funny how these things come up, I've drawn and painted chickens, cows, horses, cats but this is my first turtle - a giant turtle covered in horns to boot.
The second sketch is of one of the most powerful characters in Any How Town and one of the key players in the mystery of the first four books, I'm not going to say anything about him, don't want to give too much away.
As always if anyone has any questions for me, send me an email to the address below, it would be great to hear from you.
enjoy the sun today Toronto
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment