Friday, November 23, 2012

Robot Dino Riders and the Curse of Monopolies



Here's the first of the painted robot dino riders and I know I couldn't have done it without you Dollarama but other smaller dollar stores are closing because of your market domination and I don't like it. I picked up these awesome little wooden kits (just look at that crazy frog) at a store that is being put out of business and these amazing birds (birds are really hard to find, buy them in multiples when you can) from another store that I'm sure is also feeling the pressure.
Variety is the spice of life and I know my kitbashing will suffer if I can only purchase from you, yes you sell some great things for my purposes but you don't sell everything I need. You don't even sell wood glue!
In book news I'm almost finished my hand written edit of Book One and then will do my type edit. I'm pretty thorough when I edit my work and this method just works best for me. The query letter is sharp and the synopses is great so each day we get closer and closer to sending the book out to agents.
Tomorrow is Saturday and from 4-7pm you can come by the Cameron House for the reception for "popular/mechanics" my latest show of paintings. Music will be  provided by Colonel Tom and the American Pour from 6-8pm. If you want to read more and see the work, just head over to the "mad craft shoppe" blog (see links on the right side).
alright, back to work
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment