Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Building Popsicle Stick Cages, even more options


Okay, okay these aren't popsicle sticks, they're coffee stirrers and I use them alot for details on things when I'm doing these models. I neglected to take a photo of step one so I'll just tell you-
STEP ONE (no photo) Lay out a grid of coffee stirrers, maybe sixteen by sixteen glue them down and let them dry (okay, fine I'll do a photo next week). Once they are dry cut them up into sections - make sure all sections are the same size. You'll need two for the front and back of the cage and two for the sides.
STEP TWO (photo one) I used some cut up match sticks as interior supports for the cage and let them dry, the photo should make it pretty obviou.s
STEP THREE (photo two) just basecoat in grey and then stipple on some red oxde/burnt umber mix to give it a rusted quality, then find some raffia or other bits to glue into the bottom to make it look like hay.
See ? Super simple.
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment