Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Big Box of Bits, the end of an era

All of the frames that I've built for my paintings (see "the madcraftshoppe" blog, sidebar) and all of the luon, masonite etc. that I use for the models come from the workshop at Theatre Passe Muraille. Every couple of months I head down and cut up the old 1x3 and whatever else I think I can reuse and I save it from the junkyard. I've been doing this for about three years and that time may be coming to an end. I don't really want to build frames for my paintings anymore I'm just moving on in my head and don't really see frames on the work.
I was down in the shop yesterday and filled a grocery bag with bits this size that I cut down, the pieces range from 1" to 4" and it will be a huge help when I start building the FOUR large scale box dioramas that I plan to make over the next few months. So I'd like to take this time to thank R.McDougall, A.McKim and Theatre Passe Muraille for the oppurtunity that they gave me.
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment