Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Building Popsicle Stick Vehicles, Research and Development



You never want to get stuck in a rut and just build the same stuff over and over again, sometimes while I'm working on a painting (see madcraftshoppe bog, sidebar) I just glue some pieces together and try to make something new. I had the wheel from the first photo hanging around forever - when I found that the spacing of the pipes matched the holes in the piece that is attached to the undercarriage I knew I had something cool that I could build that I've never done before.
In the second photo you see the cross piece at the front of the vehicle has two separate wheel "arms", this was a real breakthrough and I can't wait to finish this guy. I feel the same about the last photo, when I was building the "Karzas" (scroll down a few posts) I wanted to get to adding a side car to a couple of the vehicles, but I was stuck in my ways and never got around to it - now I have and just look at the results! I haven't quite finished this guy yet, but I'm really glad I pushed the envelope on the design and ended up with a "side car" that shares duties as the front wheel.
Keep experimenting!
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment