Monday, April 2, 2012

Writer's Block ? Make Pickles!

As I have no doubt blogged on and on about for the last six posts I am almost finished Book One and after two really good days at the end of last week I compleletly stalled out on Saturday/Sunday. There just wasn't anything good left in the tank, the ending is there it is great but it leads just a little more disciplining before it's ready to go out to agents.

So we took the day off and made pickles.

They'll be ready for consumption in about eight weeks, I wonder where my writing life will be ? Hopefully sitting in the back yard finishing Book Two and then cracking open a jar of these and barbecuing some dinner.

I could say that I thought buying all the stuff and making pickles would get me closer to some of the practices on the farm in AHT but I'd be lying, it's not research, I just really wanted to make some pickles and it was a great activity to do instead of lying around on a gloomy day.

"Always be creating." That's my motto.


A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment