Wednesday, April 10, 2013

It came to me in a dream!


Most Dollar Stores sell the Time For Crafts( or whatever the name of the company is, I've given up on sponsorship) dowels but none of them sell anything square, besides those great little building cubes. I'm not kidding I had a dream that they did and I purchased arm loads for building Any How Town and other dioramas.
When I was walking the dog the other day it hit me, those wooden dish drying racks would be perfect as long as I could get them apart easily enough without destroying them. Lo and behold on our walk I found one (yes it was in the garbage, but was in perfect shape, no bugs or anything) so I took it home and took it apart and here is the yield of wood that you get from one.
The other thing I learned is that they aren't expensive (the price was still on this one) so I'll start combing the kitchen aisles of dollar stores to see if I can find a couple more.
If you like what I've been doing here please head over to my other blog "the mad craft shoppe" and have a look at my show of paintings that is hanging at the Press Club (850 Dundas West, Toronto) all of the work and priced to sell. All sales go towards finishing the second book in the Any How Town book series and continuing my oh so cool diorama builds and tutorials.
cheers,
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment