Monday, April 15, 2013

Reduce, Reuse and Make Super Cool Fuel Tanks



If you want some variation in your dioramas it always helps to look for different objects to incorporate into the backgrounds etc. Often things can end up looking quite the same and you may feel that you're in a rut. I hadn't built anything "new" in awhile and had to find a new approach to the large scale builds that I'm currently doing.
My wife eats these probiotic yogurts and I really like the cool shape of the container so instead of throwing them out or recycling them I saved a few and made these cool fuel tanks. The first step was to cover them in paper towels, these gave them a unique texture and the green paint really pops when it's drybrushed on, after that I glued on some buttons and bits and here ya go!
Can't wait to incorporate them into the model.
A.Shay Hahn
 
I

No comments:

Post a Comment