Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dollar Tree Diorama Grabs





So a Dollar Tree has opened only steps away from my local Dollarama and I figured I should get in there and see what they have that distinguishes them from the competition, here's what I picked up to use for my kitbashing/dioramas. The first three pics are wooden puzzles with many unique little wooden bits, the cuts on them are a bit rough but I think they'll be great for machinery/vehicles and furniture. The category we had to explore was the "Beastie" category and I found these T-Rex dudes that I quite like, the heads are cool and I think the back legs will also come in handy, they're a good medium size for beastie builds. The final category is of course "wood kits" and here are two great ones, a car and a plane that will help with all kinds of builds, really good quality wood, can't wait to use them.
In writing news I received my first rejection letter yesterday, but it did not upset me the least. The wording was such that I know the submission was enjoyed and considered, it's only the volatile publishing market that dissuaded the agent from taking me on so I'll move on to the next agency I want to work with in the New Year, the best thing about the Internet is that I can pick who I'm going to submit my work to, I'm not blanketing the lit agency world with submissions, I'm being very careful as to who I want to represent me.
Happy Holidays,
A.Shay Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment