Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The War Museum




Over the Christmas holidays my best girl and I were in Ottawa spending time with family, one afternoon we went to the War Museum, it was an incredible experience and I highly reccomend it, here' sthe link http://www.warmuseum.ca/home/
Alot of the design of Any How Town is based around a post war look, most of the citizens wear military type garb, use military vehicles etc. their lives are tied to the armed forces and I found the museum to be a great resource and they have some great dioramas that are really worth looking at.
Here's just a small selection of photos that I took there, I realized that I should draw some military propaganda posters to add to the mythos of AHT and there were many great examples.
The Beaverbrook collection of war art is also kept here and there are many fine interpretations of war through the eyes of Canadian artists.
I will soon be posting some new character sketches that I've been doing for Any How Town and will hopefully get another 20.000 words finished in the second draft of Book One by the end of next week, but it has been slow going - I need to eat more oatmeal.
A.Shay Hahn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment