Friday, September 16, 2011

Building A Street Scene, Popsicle Stick Process




I've been working on a bunch of commissions and a new album design (see links "the mad craft shoppe) so I haven't been writing at all and I really miss getting Oliver and Eaglet into trouble. In my off time and while paint is drying I've been working on more buildings and thought I'd document the constructions so you can see how easy it is. The top two photos show the beginnings of the build, all of the items displayed were purchased at dollar stores, except the luon boards which I got from the carpentry shop that I build my painting frames at. The doors, bricks, rocks on the ground and window frames are all popsicle sticks, The balcony rails are barbecue skewers (found in the kitchen aisle of ALL Dollar Stores) and the stairwell is built from little wooden cubes that you can find at some dollar stores (or Deserres for about $1.50 for a bag) and the treads of the stairs are from a "Mini Jenga) game that some dollar stores carry. The next two photos are just a black basecoat I applied to the majority of the piece, I also have the rest of the railings and ladder for the building on the left which are just waiting for base coat and will then be glued on.
 I hope you enjoy seeing just how easy it is to build this stuff while you watch television, or hang with your kids or your very patient girlfriend. I just might get a cable access show and do it on television for all the folks in the GTA to watch.
ASH
madcraftshoppe@live.cm

No comments:

Post a Comment