Sunday, June 19, 2011

If there's a map, it's real.


After a year of thinking and tweaking I finally sat down yesterday on a beautiful afternoon and drew the map of the main down town core of Any How Town, it's a terrible photo and a lot of the street names haven't been decided on but this was a HUGE step in making Any How Town a much more real place for these crazy characters to run around in.
In the top photo you can see our two current main characters "Dolly" Oliver Stimson and Eaglet Rainesville and beside them the much maligned Deputy Blackfish. To the left is the current notebook where I am plotting the first FIVE books of Any How Town, that's right FIVE. I have to plot it this way as there are many mysteries, histories and menageries to deal with and knowing when to reveal the right secret is sometimes difficult. I started to actually write Book Three of Any How Town first just to find my way into the main mystery and know what I had to reveal in Book One and where we'd be by the end of Book Four.
And me being me of course I couldn't stop there and began writing the next lead in for Book Five, where an even BIGGER mystery presents itself to Olly, Eaglet and their friends.
It's a lot of work, but first and foremost it is alot of fun, and these sunny days help alot too.
I'm going to try and post almost daily as I do the work so you can see all the things that are happening in the town as I develop the map more and show you the shops, peeps and vehicles that make Any How Town such a cool place.
Eventually there will be an Any How Town exclusive email address, but for now you can ask me questions at the email below and I'll answer them here on the blog.
best,
A.Shay Hahn
madcraftshoppe@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment