Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Black Tie" Vol. One of Any How Town

I started it last night, sat down at the easel grabbed my pens and blue pencils and starting drawing the first page of "Black Tie" the first story from Any How Town. You don't know how happy this makes me, I have been wanting to do this for so long, I thought I'd have time to take off a month earlier this year, that didn't work out. You see all I do is make art, I don't have a day job except to paint pictures and chase money all over town, so it always feels like there will never be the money to get this started, to get that chance and have a break from painting and stressing out,but now, I figured out that there is TIME and I just have to trust that the money will come. I have no choice, I have to get this done, I don't care what happens, I made a promise that I'd have three things published by the time I'm Forty and I turn 39 in March, so here we go.
I've been feeling like I have a virus/cold that I haven't been able to kick for a couple of weeks, I think that I'm better and go out and then I feel weak again, so folks, I am not going out. I'm staying in evenings and can hopefully get one page fully inked and another drawn in every night for the month of November.

I won't be posting the entire comic online, that will come later when the first Volume is finished, I may approach a comic company to publish it so I can't have all the material here for free, but if you keep coming back you will get a full sense of what "Black Tie" is about, and if you scroll down to the character bios, past the dioramas, you'll be able to read about some of the players who appear in this issue.

Please hop on over to "the mad craft shoppe" if you want to look at paintings, find out about locations of shows in the city etc.

A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment