Monday, February 25, 2013

Popsicle Stick Warehouse

Here's the fifth (is it five already?) large scale piece (1:18 scale) that I'm working on. It's coming together pretty quickly, still lots of steps but I'm pretty confident in the shape of it so far.
The floor was made using the same technique as the "wall texture" tutorial that I posted about a little while ago, it's glue, sand and then base coating. The brick walls were done by placing and pre painting the "stretched canvas" wooden bits and then covering them with glue and paper towel. Once that's dry you can base and dry brush and you'll have a nice looking old wall.
I'm still debating whether or not to build a center post with a span that runs across the middle, we'll see. I'm also as you can see by the top photo messing around with the placement of the crates and etc. that will make up the background of the piece.
hope you had a fun Oscar party.
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment