Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pitch Wars Sketches





I submitted to Pitch Wars this year a contest that pairs writers with mentors who work on manuscripts together and then go on to an agenting round. You can read more about it at Brenda Drake's blog here http://www.brenda-drake.com/2013/11/pitch-wars-mentor-wishlist-bloghop-submission-guidelines/
While tweaking my query letter and the first five pages of my manuscript I would take breaks and do sketches of Oliver and Eaglet to post over on the twitter hashtag "PitchWars" to let folks know how it was going. This is the first batch of sketches, I'll post the rest later.
It's been a lot of fun chatting back and forth with other writers on twitter, it's the first time I've really felt a part of something in a long time.
I haven't heard anything from the mentors I submitted to but the announcements aren't until Dec. 11th so I'll do my best to not be too distracted and keep on working.
many thanks to Brenda Drake for putting this contest together.
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment