Monday, December 12, 2011

Building A Garage, Popsicle Stick Process







Here's a Sputterjack garage and all the steps it took to build, it was really pretty easy to do. In photos #2 and #3 you can see the various bulldog clips used to keep things in place while they dry, these are indispensable and cut down on your frustration level like you wouldn't believe. It's also important to use things to hold the walls up as they dry, I use my brush cup for support. This model was built in two separate pieces and that adds alot of flexibility for storage. The Basecoat in photo #4 was a little too light so I did add a simple black wash ( black acrylic paint thinned down with water) to add more depth. Remember to always put down newspaper where you're working, sometimes it sticks to the bottom of the model, just peel it off when it's dry.
 I can't wait for 2012 when I take the 600+ pages I've written and the 200 pages of notes to finally put together the first FOUR books of the Any How Town series.
have a great holiday,
A.Shay Hahn
madcraftshoppe@live.com
 also head over to my other blog "the mad craft shoppe" to see my paintings and where they are hanging in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment