Thursday, October 7, 2010

Boneyard Dogs, and then there were three



So here we have three Boneyard Dogs, I've been looking at some modder sites (people who cut up toys and make new toys out of them) and I'm (once again) kind of on my own, people tend to reproduce figures that already exist, mostly superheroes, so I'm kind of unique doing my own creations. They also tell you what bits come from where, if it's interesting I'll do this in the future.
When it comes to this shot, the dogs themselves are from a dollar store in the East End, that figure is a G.I Joe Baroness, who I have yet to alter, but will to probably make her Mother High Dispaten (see character profiles below) the dinos are these great $2.00 Dollarama kits that I have been cutting up and mixing and matching to fit onto the dogs. The newest one, which is on the right has a skull piece that was hot glued together out of two different sets to give it a different head piece, if they were all triceratops it would be dull, I have one more of these to finish and will then be moving on.
I am really going a little crazy getting everything started for my annual Christmas show of paintings at the Press Club (see madcraftshoppe links) when I'd really just rather be drawing these short comic chapters for Any How Town. I should also clarify, I think "online comic" should be changed, the comic will not be posted on this site, I will have it properly printed but here is where character info, models, sketches and thoughts will be compiled for you to enjoy the creation of 'Any How Town" to it's fullest.
A.Shay Hahn



No comments:

Post a Comment