Thursday, April 21, 2011

Big Daddy Style conversion



I have about twelve Deep Sea Diver action figures (see "Salvage Teams") they were at the Dollarama being sold as "Team Calypso " something, anyways, I bought them all. Water figures very prominently in the mythos of Any How Town and things hidden in the water are featured in almost every story that I've started to write.


Most of this week I've been building AHT instead of painting pictures, my interest has been firmly placed with building a few more sets and vehicles, but this weekend I decided to do the above (see above). I bought Bioshock 2 and starting playing it last weekend, it's possibly the best designed video game I've ever seen, I am almost positive my success with the Deep Sea Diver paintings in May of last year (see other blog, madcraftshoppe) was because of BioShock bringing them back into the mainstream consciousness.

I've been looking at the el cheapo ninja figures at the Dollarama for some time and decided to do some mild conversions and make a larger deep sea diver, I'll post a comparison photo later (See Top) when I get some more stuff done, but on the left is what you buy, and on the right is what I made. And yes of course, I ignored my own rule when I started this figure, "If you're going to build one, build three" so I've started a second and may do a third on this long weekend.


all the best,


A.Shay Hahn


madcraftshoppe@live.com










No comments:

Post a Comment